New Nonfiction (with commentary): 16 March 2015
16 March 2015
A new series, published each Monday, sharing a selected list of new nonfiction titles to be published during the week. List originally published at The Reader's Advisor Online. Text in bold are titles with commentary.
- Bloomfield, April - Girl and Her Greens: Hearty Meals from the Garden
- Frank, Barney - Frank: A Life in Politics from the Great Society to Same-Sex Marriage
- Givhan, Robin - Battle of Versailles: Night American Fashion Stumbled into the Spotlight and Made History
- Gottfried, Sara - Your Body Cure Diet: Reset Your Metabolism to Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 21 Days
- Gottfried, Sara - Hormone Reset Diet
- Harden, Blaine - The Great Leader and the Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Tyrant Who Created North Korea and the Young Lieutenant Who Stole His Way to Freedom
- Heidler, David S. - Washington's Circle: The Creation of the President
- Hof, Dennis - The Art of the Pimp: One Man's Search for Love, Sex, and Money
- Magee, Jeffrey - Your Trajectory Code: How to Change Your Decisions, Actions, and Direction to Become Part of the Top 1% of High Achievers
- Moffit, Mitchell - AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena In my continuing quest to read more science, I might have to check this one out.
- Montillo, Roseanne - Wilderness of Ruin: A Tale of Madness, Fire, and the Hunt for America’s Youngest Serial Killer I used to read a lot of true crime, but I must have burned through my interest in it. I have not been in the mood to read it for some time.
- Paulson, Jr., Henry M. - Dealing with China: An Insider Unmasks the New Economic Superpower Ugh, Hank Paulson. Like he didn't screw us over enough as Secretary of the Treasury, now we're supposed to buy and read his book?
- Taft, John G. - A Force for Good: How Enlightened Finance Can Restore Faith in Capitalism
- Thomas, Gordon - Gideon's Spies : The Secret History of the Mossad (Revised) I was completely fascinated by George Jonas's book Vengeance, about a Mossad assassin, so I might get this one.
- Vetri, Marc - Mastering Pasta: The Art and Practice of Handmade Pasta, Gnocchi, and Risotto
- Hval, Cindy - War Bonds: Love Stories from the Greatest Generation Brother. If I never see the words "greatest generation" on a book again, it will be too soon.
So, what do you think? Anything look good there?